30 days

I made it to 30 days sober this past Thursday, only with the help of God and the people he has put into my life. It was a rough week, and I had a couple days I was feeling tempted to give in and just have a drink but I stayed strong and made it to the 30 day mark and beyond.

My last post was a look back, I have realized the signs of God in my life. Before I was brought back to faith, my drinking had been going on for years, building over time. I would scream at my kids for no reason, my husband and I fought frequently - I would even get violent against him at times, I had days that I was so hungover I could hardly manage to even take care of my kids. One would think that any of those things would cause someone to want to quit.. not in my case, I didn't care. I just kept doing the same thing, no matter how bad I felt the next day.

It was around the time that I confirmed/confessed my faith in front of the church that I now attend that slowly a feeling of guilt started to grow. On top of the physical pain, I was feeling torn about what I was doing and how it was causing me to act/feel. That feeling grew into my quitting the first time, which didn't last long and the guilt came back instantly after that failure. I can feel and see the Spirit helping to keep me strong through my faith in the grace I have through Jesus. Here's to another 30 days and beyond.

I hope that sharing my story can help someone else know that grace, whether I know them or not. It's not something I want to keep to myself.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I am saying a prayer for you, and I'm sure along with many others. May you feel the sweet presence of the Holy Spirit and Jesus carrying you. You are fearfully and wonderfully made! May the Lord bless you and keep you , and may His face shine upon you my sister!
    In Christ,
    Mitchell Givens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I am saying a prayer for you, and I'm sure along with many others. May you feel the sweet presence of the Holy Spirit and Jesus carrying you. You are fearfully and wonderfully made! May the Lord bless you and keep you , and may His face shine upon you my sister!
    In Christ,
    Mitchell Givens

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I don't know

Addiction