Freedom in forgiveness

After an incident last week that had me really doubting my parenting - as if I needed any help in that (looking back, I probably did overreact but that's not really the point). I received words of encouragement from a friend and my pastor that helped me feel better, but not necessarily made me ready to forgive the person that made the comments. I kept going back to feeling bad about the situation, my parenting skills.

As the week went on, my email was filled with devotions and Bible verses about forgiveness. Sometimes God's voice is a whisper, but this time it was a roar. God is good - all this went on, while 'behind the scenes' an apology card was on it's way to me. I was able to talk to the 'offender' today, I forgave her, we hugged and she almost starting to cry.

It's such a relief to be able to let something like that go - hopefully, she can put it behind her as well. It doesn't do any good to hold to to a grudge or hurt, I've done enough of that in the past. I am to a point (at least this time around) where I can remember I am forgiven so much because of what Jesus has done for me so I can forgive this. I'm sure there will be times that it's harder to remember, I am not able to live up to Jesus' perfect life.. but I don't have to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't know

Addiction

30 days