Always growing in grace

I've been getting lots of reminders of grace this week from different places. They all came to be wrapped up with each other today. I had the opportunity to go to something called Mission Days at work, focusing on resilience. I went, not knowing if I would get anything out of it other than 4 hours away from the office and free breakfast. I got that, and a lot more. A lot of the content was about meditation and different ways to stay positive in the face of negativity or stressful situations. We were led on a meditation where we were to use different ways to push the bad things out of our bodies. It wasn't totally based on any religion, so that everyone could use the techniques but the person doing the presenting had a mainly Christian focus (or that's the focus I was using). The technique was to breathe in the light, and use the light to push out the bad as whatever you wanted to picture it as; use an anchor word (the words I wrote down to use were God, Father, grace) such as light, peace, etc. to do the same thing.

As I was sitting quietly with my eyes closed, thinking of the light of God filling me to the tips of my fingers and toes; of the grace I have from Jesus's sacrifice; I was moved to tears, not actually out right crying, but my eyes were fairly wet when it was over. There was more that touched me, but it was a 4 hour session so I won't go into every detail, it was a very moving morning.

To cap off the fantastic morning I had, on my way back to my office, this song came on the radio:
http://life1025.com/songs/glow-in-the-dark/

Sometimes the world feels like a mess
Full of drama, full of stress
And life puts a fist right in your ribs
You can hide if you choose to
And no one would even blame you
Or you can let them see how you deal with it

That even in the darkest place
His love can make you radiate

(chorus)
Doesn’t matter how deep, how dark the night is
Keep hoping, keep on shining
And they’ll see His light burning in your heart
And if the road gets rough, just keep your head up
Let the world see what you’re made of
That His love’s alive in your deepest parts
Like a flame, like a burning star you can shine right where you are
He made you to glow in the dark

Don’t be ashamed of your past
If you’re shattered like a piece of glass
The more broke you are the more the light gets through
Show your wounds and your flaws
Show them why you still need the cross
Let them see the work He’s doing in you


It fit with the things I took away from this morning and the rest of the week, just as I was able to tie this morning to other things that I've heard on the radio or on various podcasts to come to the same conclusion. Grace is in me, nothing I can do will change that, but I can also try to focus on grace in all things. I may (likely) fail at times, but the more I have in my arsenal to bring me back to grace the better, the first and foremost being God Himself which is the source.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't know

Addiction

30 days