Good News

We've been discussing the last days the last few weeks in Bible study at church, and in the past have discussed different churches/religions that teach works righteous. I saw what this does first hand. I grew up in a Catholic home and was a member of the Catholic church in town for while. My grandmother would be in her room for hours at end praying the rosary over and over, especially during Lent, because she was so convinced that she had to do it (she had OCD at the least) to protect/save herself and our family. All I see in that was her pain, looking back on it; as it was happening that was just the way she was.

I wasn't necessarily looking for a church two years ago when I found (or was found by) the newest church in town, Good News, but I am glad for it. It's a place I have learned of the truth - that by grace alone I am saved, through the sacrifice of Jesus and the gift of faith in Him and His grace. There is nothing I have to do to earn it; likewise, there is nothing I can do to lose it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't know

Addiction

30 days