Realization

I just had a realization, after a couple conversations over the last few days. One with a co-worker regarding my older daughter who is autistic, and also going through puberty. She said that God wouldn't have given her to me if I couldn't handle it. One (it wasn't really a conversation, more a statement) from my younger daughter - we were watching something on Food network and someone was using mussels and she declared "mussels? I love those". This is coming from a day my husband had made mixed seafood alfredo with shrimp, mussels, calamari and Ember's advice to me was just to try the mussels and she was right.

Putting these two things together this morning, the awareness came to me that my co-worker was right. Aiyana is in my life to teach me patience and kindness over impatience and anger; Ember is in my life to get me out of my comfort zone and to try new things. Thank God for them and the lessons they can teach me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't know

Addiction

30 days